marți, 28 februarie 2017

The most delicious Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse ever


   Today Facebook let me know it's been a year since I discovered this absolutely amazing chocolate mousse recipe that I used it SO MANY times in the last 12 months I just had to post on this blog as well! 
   A year ago, after making this recipe for the first time, I posted this on Facebook:
"Today I felt like making a new dessert, but not something with a lot of layers, something airy and somehow light. And I was lucky because I had a mascarpone packet that I needed to use soon so this is how I found the MOST DELICIOUS chocolate mascarpone mousse on Goodfood! So easy, yet so tasty! 
   I decided to go for a base of crumbled graham biscuits and a cocktail of fruit on top! Talking about graham... Graham Elliot was my inspiration in adding the fruit on top :D Masterchef FTW! 
   I can't begin to tell you how good it tastes! I will definitely use this mousse for cupcakes, birthday cakes and any other recipe involving chocolate cream! Mmmmmmm! To die for!"

And use it I did! :D So now you HAVE to try it out as well! ;)

Ingredients for about 4 servings:
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces, or dark chocolate drops
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp brandy
- 2 eggs
- 250g mascarpone

- about 200g of digestive biscuits
- whatever fruit you prefer or have handy (I used kiwi, pear, orange and an exotic fruit can)

Steps: 
1. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and allow to melt, then remove from the heat. 

2. Add the sugar, brandy and eggs and, using a hand-held electric beater, whisk for 5 minutes or until the outside of the bowl has cooled down to lukewarm. 

3. Whisk in the mascarpone for a few seconds, just until combined. (The mousse will thicken once the mascarpone has been mixed in.) 

4. Put the biscuits in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs exactly like you would prepare a cheesecake base. If you want some texture with the mousse, you can leave the bites a bit bigger.

5. Dice all your fruit and set it aside.

6. Game time! Prepare the wine glasses, then layer your work: biscuit crumble, chocolate mascarpone mousse and fruit on top! Mmmm, you'll enjoy this so much you'll want to thank me later! :D 


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu