miercuri, 23 august 2017

Grilled Peaches, Halloumi and Mint "Caprese"


   It's summer, it's hot and you don't feel like eating a heavy meal. I totally get you! Oooor, you're like me, and you find a new recipe involving halloumi cheese and you decide you HAVE to try it! :D And you do. That's how you discover this amazing recipe that is also recommended as a side but which you can easily eat on its own on a hot summer day :) 
   It was my first time eating grilled peaches and I have to admit I had a "why didn't I try this in all the 29 years before?" face. Now I know. I will eat grilled peaches again! :D

Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 3 medium peaches
- 250g halloumi cheese
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- chopped mint (about 1 Tbsp)
- sunflower or olive oil as needed

Steps:
1. Cut the halloumi in half on its length. Grill it on both sides. Slice it after it's grilled.
2. Slice the peaches, then drizzle them with oil and sprinkle the brown sugar. 
3. Heat grill pan really well. Grill the peaches, pulp side down, until grill marks appear (about 10 minutes). 
4. Let the peaches cool a bit, arrange on plate with halloumi, and sprinkle with chopped mint. Enjoy!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu