miercuri, 5 august 2020

Garlicky shrimp zucchini pasta



   We discovered this recipe HERE when we ran out of dinner ideas (after browsing this blog, recipe books and other blogs). Yep, from time to time, I get to that point when I really don't know what I would want to eat. We had lots of salads lately and it's too hot outside to have something heavy, so when this recipe was found I could hear the heavens opening and the angels singing "Laaaaaaaa" (you know what I mean :))). 
    It's pasta, but it's NOT with pasta because you use zucchini to make the body of the dish and they're called "zoodles" :D How cool is that? Add shrimp and creaaaamy garlicky sauce and you win me over every time! So I HAD to try it asap. And tonight was the night. I knew it was gonna be delish and here I am, posting this recipe so you can imagine my reaction when I had the first bite. Mmmmm, utter joy! So now, let's help you experience that joy yourselves! :D

Ingredients for 3-4 servings:
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- around 500-600g medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cups heavy cream (~180 ml)
- 1/2 cups grated Parmesan (or more, GO NUTS, I did :)))
- 6 halved cherry tomatoes
- freshly chopped parsley
- 3 medium zucchini, cut with the peeler or the spiralizer (or about 4 cups zoodles)

Steps:
1. In a large pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp is pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate. (Keep juices in skillet.)
2. Melt remaining butter in skillet then stir in garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the heavy cream. Bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in Parmesan, tomatoes, and parsley. Simmer until tomatoes have softened and the mixture has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. 
5. Return the shrimp to the skillet and add the zucchini noodles. Toss to combine and serve immediately. Bon appetit! :D

Good to know! To make the zoodles or more like the zucchini fettucine, peel the zucchini until you reach the seeds, then throw away the core ;) 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu