marți, 17 ianuarie 2017

Baked Salmon and Vegetables


   Salmon is one of my favorite proteins! And since I want to eat healthy, I keep trying out new veggie pairings. Here's what I cooked today:

Ingredients for 3 servings:
- around 250g of fresh salmon fillet
- cooking cream
- Fish seasoning (we buy it in a pack that's labelled as such)
- around 250g of cauliflower or broccoli
- 3 medium potatoes
- a handful of frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: pesto

Steps:
1. Today I wanted to save space and I decided to boil all my veggies in one pot. If you want to be completely safe and avoid getting mushy potatoes (like mine ... oops!) boil all the veg separately OR chop your potatoes into big pieces so they don't get squeezed in the pot by the rest of the veg. If you choose my method put the chopped potatoes into salted boiling water until they're soft.
2. Chop the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and add it in the same pot with the potatoes (when the potatoes are almost ready) for about 5 minutes. Add the peas at the same time.
3. After your veg is ready coat it in some pesto (believe me, it's totally worth it!).
4. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the salmon and put it in the oven for about 10-15 min at 200ºC. Check to make sure it's cooked through (it has to be light pink inside). 
5. Make the sauce: add cooking cream and the fish seasoning and bring it to a quick boil while you keep whisking. Add on top of the salmon when you serve the dish. (Alternatively you can use a hollandaise sauce that you buy or make at home). 

Bon appetit!


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu